The new Raidho’s vs the new Borressen’s ?

Have you heard the new Raidho’s, TD4.8’s or TD4.2’s?  Reviews are over the moon !  Wondering how they compare to the new Borressen’s Z5’s or 05’s which are also receiving accolades.

I’ve used Magnepan 20.7’s for ten years now and they are great but not necessarily the best “all around” speakers.  My room is very large and the Maggie’s can’t quite fill the space completely.   I’m not unhappy with the Maggie’s but have been lusting for a top-notch dynamic box speaker for many years.  I like a BIG sound with lots of space.  
If you own the big Raidho’s or Borressen’s I’d like to hear you thoughts.  If you have heard these speakers give me your thoughts.  Thanks.
stickman451

Showing 5 responses by stickman451

The room is 20’-6” w x 29’-2” L x 11` h.    The Borressen’s and Raidho’s are very close in retail price.  For the larger floor models they go from around $85k up to $170k.   Unbelievably expensive really, but that’s probably a different thread...

I have three SVS SB-4000’s that I use with the 20.7’s.  They definitely help!  I use them in a ‘distributed’ configuration; one centered against the front wall, one on the left wall about 3 feet in front of the 20.7, and a third in the rear right corner.  
The big electrostatics are too close to the Maggies in size and amplifier requirements, and overall sound character.   For my room size I’d have to go BIG on the Soundlabs.  
The bigger Raidho’s and Borressen’s can fill a larger sized room with sound and still disappear.

I thought that the Z5’s were voiced a lot closer to neutral as compared to the older Raidho’s that I’ve heard over the years at shows. Not my favorite.  I’m going to hear the new TD models and maybe a pair of the original D5.1’s.

Another speaker that I’m looking at is the Piega Master Line Source 2.  It’s a dipole with smaller planar magnetic tweeters/midrange married to two woofers.  It’s a fairly sensitive load that works well with moderate powered tube amps.