The new OPPO Digital UDP-203 question

Hi.  Not sure if anyone already answered this but I read a Nov (inside) review of this new model to be launched in Dec/Jan and it was mentioned that it's not going to include on-line streaming services such as Netflix and YouTube.  Can anyone absolutely confirm this?  That would be a deal killer for me.  What about the coming UDP-205?  Will that be launched with these streaming apps?
pdn

Showing 1 response by shoresaudio

I use a Chromecast in the rear HDMI input of my BDP-105, primarily for streaming Pandora, Tidal and TuneIn Radio as background music.  That way, I can "cast" from a phone or tablet and not have to turn a TV on to control the player.  By pressing the Input and "3" buttons on the remote in succession, I can switch to the rear HDMI input.  Input and "1" get me back to the player.  Or if I wanted to, I could use the HDMI output from my Nexus Player as I can "cast" to that also, in addition to using whatever streaming services it offers.  I rarely ever use the Oppo for video.  

To be honest, I'm OK with using the HDMI input for additional streaming sources, as that way, any firmware updates would focus on the player's main abilities, bug fixes, etc., rather than adding more streaming services.