The Music Room

With all the talk about PayPal and the IRS, I'm considering other ways to sell my unused gear. I've been thinking about The Music Room. I have the system I want and have no need for trade ins. Has anyone else sold items to The Music Room? How was your experience? Did they give you a decent price for your gear (I understand they need to make a profit too). I just don't want any complications come tax season next year...

mewsickbuff

I trust TMR. But the prices they offered me for the gear I wanted to sell was SO far below what I could make privately, that I have gone the private route so far. FWIW.

Re the IRS, PayPal and/or selling your gear - remember - you will only have to pax tax if there is a gain on the sale which is now another reason to have kept your receipts for purchase.

Since most gear is sold at a loss fm when we purchased, it's really no big deal and you can always argue that you bought new at retail if you don't have the receipts 

I have found TMR to be very reasonable, trustworthy, easy, and helpful to deal with.

I like TMR and have purchased new gear from them but the prices they give you for your gear seem really low. I will sell privately first, and they would be a last resort for me.

Post removed