The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
I loved my Kenwood integrated amp. For 37 years it was my only amp. Beautiful natural, balanced sound. 
Put me in the "anti" camp.  I sold all the Japanese brands in their '60's heyday .... the US designed Haron-Kardon's beat them hands down.  The Audionics BP2 preamp and CC amplifier beat all of them hands down.  And these were in the same price range.  Not to mention the Eico kits, Healthkits, and Fisher and Scott kits of that same era.

The most expensive I evaluated in my home was the complete top end Luxman line .... preamp, power amp, tuner.  They were good, looked fabulously expensive (and were), and sounded somewhere between Marantz transistor gear and the Audio Research SP-6 and D70-90-115 line which cost no more.

I've heard lots of Japanese electronics which sound very good for the price.  But I've never heard any that sounded remotely close to the best.
I think the "golden era" would fall in the late 70's to early 80's.
I am running a Technics SU-8099 in my main system and it performs as I desire. Fantastic sound and enough controls for tailoring to different speakers and sources. It replaced my Sansui G9000DB in order to do a recap and electrical restoration. Also have a Pioneer A-27 that will stand up to anything new as far as sound quality and blows all of them away aesthetically.
What is a Sansui A-2100? A search turns up nothing.
BluBoxer
I cannot edit the thread or title but I made a typo and I did post elsewhere but it is A-2000.
Thx
I agree I have a Harmon Kardon 930 integrated bought in 1973. Still used for a preamp and sound is great.