The end of pono?

I've just heard that Neil Young has given an interview where he says that they have made a number of mistakes, gone through a number of CEO's, with him now acting as CEO, and that he woul like to get out of the hardware side of things. Aparrently just becoming a licencing authority, e.g.
"Pono Approved" product.

Also, I read that Pono will be releasing hi rez Beatles files. Really? And I thought that the most recent vinyl was cut from down sampled copies and that nobody at on the production side felt it mattered to have hi Rez copies.

Anybody know what is really going on?
raymonda
Anyone who's ever read some of my other posts knows that I sometimes go off on people who have no experience with audio but claim that they know better than us regular people because they understand the science involved.

http://gizmodo.com/dont-buy-what-neil-young-is-selling-1678446860

Read that and you'll see why.

This genius knows what the limits of human hearing are just by looking at the resolution specs on digital music files? What's so disappointing is that he does have a partial understanding of some of the factors needed for better sound quality. Because of that, he's very convincing. Probably 99 out of 100 people that read that article, would believe him without question.
Oh, great, the article turns out to huge double blind testing rant. I did not see that coming.
"01-13-15: Rpeluso
Curious to know, are you in the 99, or are you the one?
Rpeluso (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

I can't be in the 99. If I wasn't part of the 1, there's no way I could made my last post.