The effect of the Expanding Universe on turntables

Since the Universe has been continually expanding after the Big Bang, then it stands to reason that all objects have expanded also , but not nessecarily in proper proportion. This means that the turntable you buy today will actually be larger(and contain more mass) at some date in the distant future (20 years?). I have now discovered why I have never had a used turntable (over 100 turntables) that is on accurate 33&1/3 RPM speed, even with quality synchronous motors. This phono-nomenon can only be attributed to the fact that all the motor parts and the platter are now larger and more massive than previously and thus the ratios of pullies and gears is no longer as designed (in the past), this is the only explanation I can offer as to why the speed of old turntables is faster than when new(by a small percent).It also explains why many older mechanical devices never work properly , no matter how well maintaied and repaired.
mint604
Guido, if you know your leptons then you know spinning cats are charmed; not scared or unhappy. Possibly still unmusical.
Mint604, first, I don't believe that the expanding universe theory has been proved, and there are still many scientists who subscribe to the "collapsing universe" theory, although I believe that they are now in the minority.

Second, it is the INTER-STELLAR SPACE OF THE UNIVERSE, NOT THE MATTER WITHIN, that is expanding. This has been confirmed by the "red light shift" [Doppler effect] of distant stars. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed, although it can be converted into energy [nuclear fission and fusion].

Third, the gravitational force exerted by the earth is like "a fart in a tornado" when compared to red dwarf stars, neutron stars, and the theoretical "black holes". These are astronomical bodies more likely to "bend" the space-time continuum.

Fourth, I think that maybe you have been "expanding" your mind a little too much, if you actually believe any of your misapplied logic. Great sci-fi reading, though!
Sorry Fatparrott, I deeply disagree. . . each time my better half feeds me with her special blend of stewed Lentils & Millett I experience rapid quantum inflation. I am absolutely positive virtual particle pairs are being created deep inside me in a sort of turbulent vortex of superheated plasma.
Correction of previous post

I meant to say "white dwarf" NOT red dwarf stars

Guidoc...keep eating your wife's recipe! Have you seen the price that natural gas is bringing these days :-)