The best sub $1000 cd player

I am building my new system. I already bought Audio Research LS2, Audio Research Cl 60 and use them to power a pair of PSB 600i. Right now, I am using the Sherwood 980 as my CD player. I am interested in your opinion regaridng the best sub $1000 cd player to go with my system.

Happy Listening.

Jack
jackcpsu

Showing 1 response by monk

There are a number of cd players in this area; used and new.I auditioned a number of Cd players, all new (but broken-in), Creek 43, Rega Planet, Sony 20es, Arcam 9,... No question about it, if you are talking one box Cd players under a grand, the one least talked about, but most enjoyed is the Audio Refinement Cd Complete. The best soundstaging of all the above, depth especially, as well as height. Musical, to the point of palpability, yet with all the detail one needs to create the huge sonic soundscape I desire. Not quite as dynamic as the Rega, not as "bleached" or sterile as the Creek (or Adcom), best staging, most palpable or "meaty" of the above. Reminds me of a slightly less detailed Cary 303, with a slightly larger stage. I think it would mate real well with your AR gear!