The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Hifisoundguy - Yeah, but...
When I think of crossoverless speakers I think of 1 driver, maybe 2 in parallel. I would think that 9 drivers would defeat a great deal of the benefit of a crossoverless design. That being coherence.
But I know you like the 901 Vs, and that's all that counts in the end.
Ok Boseboy. We've seen enough of your posts to know where your head is at....

Shakey
Mirage M1 - The hair stood up on the back of my neck, but in all fairness I have not listened to a lot of others since I bought the M1s.
Question re Bose 901...
Amar Bose's basic theory in his design was predicated on the basic assumption that 89% of all sound is 'reflected'.
He then designs a speaker which actually points direcly into the wall with 88.8% of it's drivers (call it 89 lol).

Doesn't that, then change his basic plan since we can safely assume that most performers aren't 'singing into the wall directly'?

"Here's Michael Bublé, singing, 'Fly Me to the Moon', of course he's facing the wall, so that all you Bose fans out there can better understand the lyrics."

'mmmfllllllllly...mnnnneeee tnnooow de moonnnnnnesh, nand,'

Wow, does anyone else wonder how such a nit wit scam such as this could possibly get legs? Moreover why's this guy a billionaire...doesn't that piss anyone off but me?

lol
Larry
Larry, when you go to a live concert, some of the sound reaches your ears directly but most of that sound is reflected off various surfaces of the hall..Right ??? The bose 901's are designed so you hear the music much the same way as you hear the music at a live concert.