The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Coincident Pure Reference Extreme Doubled up.
Best I've now heard. I'm half the way there...... :)
The Von Schweikert VR-33's just recently released July 2010. I was smitten the moment I heard them and bought them on the spot. After comparing Joseph Audio Pulsars, Accoustic Zen Cresendo's, and a number of other $12-20,000. Speakers these were in a class all by themselves. They must be heard to be believed. Espeacially because these 120lb each floor standers were $3750. Albert wanted to build a speaker where every nickel went into the sound not the looks. They still look good but thousands were not spent on finish, and he only sells them factory direct. Thus accomplishing his goal of a world class $15000. Speaker for under $5000. To meet the desires of the Audiophile in this economy. UNBELEIVABLY WELL DONE!
best I've ever heard were Focal grand utopia's. My son and I heard these at a high end audio store. I don't remember which amp was used, but they were playing a female jazz singer on LP. The sound was so realistic you could see the cigarette smoke in the room. (you know, the smoke in the old jazz clubs when smoking was still cool!) Anyway, I'd never heard anything like it before or since.
Guystp - See if they have a pair of the Focal Diablo Utopia speakers that they can hook to the same equipment. They are a fraction of the cost and matched with a JL Audio subwoofer would be my choice. Great speakers AND a great car for the same amount of money.