The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Klipschorns! Too big and too expensive so, I just keep coming back to my very old but upgraded Klipsch Quartets. I have owned Martin Logan Sequel lls, AR-3s, JBL Decade 36s, Allison CD8s and CD9s, Klipsch Forte early version, Klipsch Heresy lls. All of the above were great speakers, just love my Quartets.
Some monsterously huge Focals something or other, years back at the RMAF. Using electromagnets for their bass drivers etc. 
Impossible to afford and useless in any of the listening areas I ever called my own, plus zero WAF to boot. 
So in answer to the OP's question, in real life none, sounding better than what I own since 1996, Burmester 961. 
Maybe some Karma 3 way units might sound a lot better. I do find their looks suit my taste, though their prices not so much. 🙄

Amen.
M. 🇿🇦 
The new ProAc K3 and K6's ! 

ProAc has got these boxes tuned just right and your music sounds so uncanny Real.. much like you hear at a Live Concert !  

I don't hear this when listening to the Magico A5's or M6's or Vivid Audio and others I've heard in the past. 

This could be End-Game speakers for a lot of us ! 

20 year old thread and while I was skipping a page here and there I didn’t see votes for the speakers that impressed me the most. Usually my favorite is the pair I just sold til my ears get used to the pair I have then within a year or so I find something, some characteristic that breaks the spell and the cycle restarts.