The best speaker cables you’ve had

Simply put, the best you’ve owned and/or heard.

gochurchgo

In France we have WhyNot cables, which are BY FAR the very best speaker and power cables I know about. They will beat almost any high end audiophile cable. The cable is handmade and uses active shielding.

I've had StraightWire, Kimber and Morrow before reading Roger Sanders' article about the right cable for electrostatic speakers. It's not about cost, it's about the correct design for the application. After reading it I bought and terminated Mogami 3082 coaxial cable for my Acoustat 1+1 electrostatic speakers. The results were stunning and not subtle at all. It was the equivalent of buying a new amplifier since there was now much more transparency ,a lower apparent noise floor, markedly increased detail, better dynamics and a really good feeling in my wallet because the cable cost $1.30 per foot! If you have electrostatics you should only be using coaxial cable.  Sanders writes that coaxial cables present both low inductance and low capacitance to the amplifier, which is what is needed for ESL's. I have had the same system for 40 years (Mcintosh MC60's/Acoustats) and this was the biggest change I've made.  Please give it a try. It will cost you about $35.00.

P.S.

I told another Acoustat owner about this and he experienced the same improvement.

Silversmith Fidelium (own), replaced Cardas Clear Beyond (which was the best I've heard and owned before the Silversmiths)