The best speaker cables you’ve had

Simply put, the best you’ve owned and/or heard.

gochurchgo

Showing 1 response by bato1965

Its all about loading... and everything is a compromise.
Last time I decided to "upgrade" the speaker cables, I compared Nordost Heimdall 2, Frey 2 and Tyr 2. In my system Frey 2 is the best fit. Tyr 2 actually tilted the spectrum a bit towards LF region. All that ordeal lasted for about 4 weeks, and I hope never to repeat it. Oh, yes - I spent in Cognac and wine for those four weekends almost as much - my friends are thirsty bunch. And spoiled.
If you're into photography or optics, or have a common sense, please continue: 

The difference between 45/f1.4 and 50/f2.8 on the same camera body might be impossible to notice to the most. The final choice will depend on you: what are you trying to capture; what environment you (and a subject) are usually in; what light will you have - and many more factors, all of them important. The final choice is also a very personal matter: 45/f1.4 usually costs much, much more. But, it can deal with many more situations - that might not be important at all to the most photographers out there. Also, it will not be appropriate for the most of a camera bodies out there. Its all about matching, and its all compromise.
So, if you like using lamp cord and cannot hear any difference between it and a specifically designed cable with a speaker / amplifier interaction in mind from a reputable manufacturer, it does not make any sense for you to invest in anything better than a copper 14/2 from Home Despot. However, that does not mean your math (actually, Physics...) is right. And it does not give you right to say that everyone with a different mindset than yours is plainly stupid. Your comments are telling me that your lens does not let the light through... at all.