The best plug in filter ever!

Puron AC Power Conditioner by Greg Voth

After reading rave review of Puron AC plug in filter, I had got one 10 days ago.

For your information my system is very complicated with bi amping and three Farad linear supplies.

Thus I have 14 power cables, one main power conditioners, three isolation transformers.

I had tried plug in fliters from quiet lines, quartet stecker, IFI, furutech, Nordost Qv2 and QX2 fliters.

I still have all of them in my system without selling any of them.

I am collector. 😁

All of them had brought slight improvement but not drastic change.

But as soon as I inserted Puron Ac filter, it made background black with more details and clear bass.

The stereotimes review is spot on.

Encouraged by the result, I had ordered two more of them so that I can insert more of them close to amps and Dac.

Now my system got transformed with more vivid and clear sound stage but not overetched.

This is the best 750$ that I had spent during last 5 years in my audio system.

Thomas

128x128shkong78

Good Afternoon

Outside of Australia - Taiwan is our biggest Export Market to date. Very Vibrant Audio Scene in Taiwan. Used to travel there a lot in my Audio Alchemy Days 

I've asked a few of our End Users there that have the Telos Mini to comment - Hopefully they will. 

I do hear that this is an excellent product from an equally fine company 

Best to all - Mark 

When first reading the title of this post, I was thinking that we were referring to some kind of software plug-in. Now I'm the one the wiser by knowing about power filters. Sounds like one of these might help with some buzz I experience with my pedal chain.

I would like to add some of my experiences with the Puron and Mark Schifter.

I have been in the audio hobby since the late 70’s. I was fortunate enough to attend 20 years straight of the CES in Vegas. It was there that I met Mark and Lynn Schifter, as I was interested in his Perpetual Technologies products. Mark and Lynn exemplified all things humble, warm and gracious, besides being extremely knowledgeable of all things audio, especially products that represented HUGE bang for the buck! 

During those fun heydays of the Vegas CES from 1987-2007, I had the pleasure of becoming friends with the Schifter’s. 

So, as an avid audiophile constantly reading all things related, I came across his two latest products: Puron and Swiss Digital Fuse Box from reading the experience of others on this and a number of other forums, my interest was piqued and I reached out to Mark and purchased 4 Purons, with the intention to place one on each empty duplex slots of the two dedicated 20 amp lines feeding my main listening/video system. The other two were to each be plugged into my PS Audio P20 Power Plant, feeding my 2 channel audio gear, and the other on my PS Audio P10 feeding my AV gear. 

As fate would have it, The Purons arrived precisely around the same time as an upgraded analog board with custom nickel transformers from Jeff Richards for my PS Audio Directstream DAC. I installed the board in the Dac, and also placed the Purons in each dedicated line’s outlet. I decided to “cook” everything and play a signal through the DAC for 48 hours, then come back and listen to some familiar tunes. 

Well, I was blown away! But I was unsure as to what or where the huge increase in detail, soundstage, bass depth was coming from (pretty sure it was the DAC) but whatever the real source of the improvement was, I was not about to play around with A/B as in unplugging the Puron’s then listening without them, then plugging them back in. I have read numerous times that they often need to be in the system for 24-48 hours to bring “maximum card playing pleasure” to the system…so I felt that was NOT something I wanted to engage in. After about a month of listening with the Purons in the wall and the new Dac, and actually having my system being elevated to a level I have never heard in my room before, I decided to try one Puron in an empty slot on each the P20 and P10. Again, no listening for 48 hours. So, as I wrote to Mark: After plugging the Purons into the PS Audio Power Conditioners, my system was elevated up another notch! What seemed like another layer of veil was removed. The musical presentation became more delineated, soundstage width and especially depth appeared to increase. Instruments are in a more precise place, and when the recording yields it an additional feeling of holographic sound. 

When I purchased the Purons from Mark, I felt my system was pretty solid and dialed in, and I thought with Mark’s generous audition and satisfaction policy, this was a no brainer to try. Well, I was right. In my opinion , the 4 Puron’s were WELL worth the money, and they are staying in my system. I would say based on my experience, and all the other accolades by professional and amateur reviewers of the Puron, they are right on the money too. I would offer without hesitation: that if you have thought about trying these, you should. I’m betting Mark is not taking very many back per his policy.

I am now looking forward to trying the Swiss Digital Fuse Box! (Which Mark has told me:

“If you like Puron, you are going to LOVE SDFB!”)

Thanks Mark, for carrying on your tradition of bringing super cool, effective, and Hi-Value audio products to the audio market, that we can enjoy without breaking the bank! 

And that is no small accomplishment in today’s economy, and this wacky expensive hobby.

Tim

Does it matter is polarity is reversed? I am in Australia and using a US to Australian plug adapter, the polarity is often incorrect.