The best phono stage out there?

I have recently purchased a basis turntable and was wondering what analog lovers think is the very best phono stage they have heard . I currently use the Sutherland PhD and like it very much but have not really had an opportunity to audition other great phono stages. The cartridge I intend to use is the Dynavector XV-1S .
Thanking you for your opinions
ecka

Showing 2 responses by genesis168

Hi, My other cartridge on the second arm is the Audio Note IO2v stright into a Kondo AN-s9s tranny then into the Allnic H-3000. Works great.

My other cartridge is a XV1s fed into an Expressive Tech SU1 which also works well with the Allnic.

The Allnic is in your price range a tad over $10K and has the ability to accept 4 tonearm/cartridge combos.

I am sure like as some mentioned, the Kondo M7 is another killer piece but might be outta your price range.
Don't know about the best but the Allnic H-3000 phono stage is hard to beat and I really mean it...that's if you like transformers. Check 'em out here on audiogon. The H-1500 is also a fine piece for the $$. I used to own the H1500 and just received the H-3000. I run the XV1s and a few other cartridges with it. I also have a friend who swears by the Tron/XV1s combo and that itself is a great piece too.

There's lots of fine product out there if you're willing to break the $5000 barrier. Also depends what you value most in the sound will help determine what works best for you.