The Best Inexpensive Wines Available Now

I'm always on the lookout for good wines at a fair value. Ok so maybe cheap wines that taste expensive. Anyway, are there wines that you've had recently that you would consider a terrific value for the price? I personally enjoy the merlot and chardonnay from Clos du Bois which both cost about $14 in New Hampshire. To relax with a glass of either and listen to my music (classical and jazz) does make the early evening sit pleasingly well.
128x128jcbach
I stumbled across a nice Spanish wine by accident recently:

Enate Tinto Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot 2001 Somontano

http://www.saq.com/pls/devsaq/generator.pp_afficher_page?p_iden_tran=8243199&p_modi_url=0802094945&p_nom_page=fiche_descriptive.saq&p_tab_para=vide!vide&p_tab_para=p_no_prod!00504316

Many other favourites are already listed in previous posts
The Kendall-Jackson label has never failed me in its consistency. A "supermarket" wine to be sure, but still has enough oak, fruit and finish to satisfy. I also like Clos du Bois.
Hannibal Lechter is the ultimate gourmet. Sure, his taste in meats was a bit over the edge, but his selections of wine show true oenophile instincts. The movie version of the book Silence of the Lambs does not do him credit, though. They 'dumbed down' his fine wine passion to a pedestrian wine - Chianti. His true passion was for a much bolder red - Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico! Yesterday for my birthday my wife gave me a bottle of Tommasi Amarone. I must say that I never drank an Amarone I didn't like. But it's expensive, so in our house Amarone is reserved for those special occasions.
The best value in table wine (currently available) is probably the Cab and Chard on the Charles Shaw label ($2-$5/bottle depending on the retailer). The ex-wine buyer, for a company I no longer work for, helped to develop the current bottlings/offerings.

They also have a SB and a Merlot (which get no cigar due to lack of acidity, but they would be fine/smooth for cocktails). I no longer drink wine myself, but tasted the line 5-6 months ago. I use the Cab to cook with (lamb necks/shanks, chicken in wine, etc.).
Boonesfarm..whats it up to these days? 3 bucks a bottle?
When I drank it when I was young(er) it went for <$2 I think.
Best 'wine' I ever tasted..It tasted best in a water pipe if I remember correctly.