The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
@ Dmacg: How's the reliability of that player, though. I have heard instances of reliability problems with mid-level stuff like Cambridge (and NAD.)
Like many, for awhile i went the computer route, Mac, good Dac...
Very easy, no hassle, no jitter, good sound... thought I arrived...

But recently went back to my old Stan warren modded pioneer dv-c503 (blackgates, etc.) with a simple valab Dac...

Just way, way more dynamic, black background, deep thumping bass and drums... Incredible musicality...

Computer system can't compare...

Will a current cd player/transport offer more?
For the money, a Marantz SA 8004 is the winner.

I have owned a Sony C333ES and a Cambridge Audio 840C.
I've got recently Lenovo Q190 Idea centre mini desktop that I mounted onto my TV through the supplied mounting bracket.
Iv'e replaced hard disk to solid state one.
The playback is fantastic as well as vedeo performance trhrough the blu-ray ROM/CD/DVD/RW drive.
I can't claim to know the answer to that, as I've heard only a small fraction of the players out there. Also,the question--"what's the best CD player for the money?"--is highly relative. Best play for the money in what price class?

That said, the best player I've heard in the under $5K class (and the one I own) is the all tube Prima Luna Prologue 8 at $3,500 list. Needs a long burn in time (the manual says 100 hours... but I'd recommend at least 200) and can greatly benefit from upgraded NOS tubes. I used the stock tubes for burn-in, then replaced them with a Phillips/Mullard combination recommended by Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio--and the result was the most analogue sounding music I've ever heard from a CD player. Soundstaging is excellent and the bass digs deep. I'm sure there must be better players out there, but I haven't heard one under $5K that beats the Prima Luna.