The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22

Showing 1 response by yeast10719f2

By far! I've made a big mistake and replaced mine by an expensive upsampling cdp (no names, still trying to sell it!) Meridian is just the best. Check out both USA and British reviews. 5 stars in everyone. I thought I would "upgrade" and blew it big time. I'm out thousands of dollars. Second choice, almost as good isa used BAT. After that, a used ARC. Stay away from the rest, unless you can find a 10 year old ES 7 series Sony. I had the last series of the ES top of the line and it didn't compare to the old. (Yup, I'm an equipment junkie. I've owned at least two dozen players, dacs and upsamplers!!) I recall reading in a recent recording magazine how a top remastering guy, very well known also went back, trashed his twenty thousand rig, pulled out his 12 year old Wadia and it was great!) My learning, painful and expensive: Newer is not better. Funky, small companies can make great gear, but vary too much in quality control and are liable to go out of business on you. Two players I would list in my class B (Resolution, Muse)--sometimes they seem to be in business or on the lips of everyone, then they disappear. Tremendous variation in samples I've heard. Also, in my class B used if you can find, are expensive players by Linn and Naim. Somehow, Brits seem to get this digital thing. Also note, you'll find a lot of Meridians used and can negotiate sometimes because of how many made. I was shocked when I asked them once how many sold. All the Krells, Levinsons (just like a Meridian 508 just a little hard at top and forward, but musical) Proceeds, Muse, Resolutions put together (and a few companies more) have sold less than total number of Meridian units!!