The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22

Showing 1 response by jiminy6687b

Absolutely no brainer. As yeast says, they have sold a ton of them for a reason. They have so many out there you should get one reasonably. The 508 either one. Best single box, even better (see reviews in Stereophile) than Levinson 39. The word is that the 508 is even still better than the fabulous newer 588.
Stay away from Electrocompaniet. I sold mine. Hard, hard, hard. If you have a ECM1 and it sounds ok, you must have one heck of a depressed tweeter/midrange and a really weak tube amp. The bass was fine on the ECM. Just stick with used class A from Stereophile, though too many upgrades from BAT otherwise fine buy but just a little less pace than Meridian. Trust the Stereophile reviews, they are right on the money on digital, especially issues before Harley and some of the other fine digital guys moved on. They really were very reliable and helpful reviews, so were Fi's (alas!)