The Beatles Revolver

Just read where Giles Martin is using  AI-powered audio separation technology to remix Revolver. From what I read he can take the mono tracks and separate all the instruments and vocals on the 4 track tape the were recorded on and then I guess remix them in 24 track or whatever he wants. Is this good? I love The Beatles and no matter how much better it my sound it not the same. They had what they had in 1966. And George Martin did wonders with 4 tracks. Where does this reissuing of classic albums stop. Is Revolver remixed in multi tracks still Revolver?

128x128lenmc2964

Showing 6 responses by lenmc2964

Don’t know what tapes were used for U.K. pressings but I believe the U.K. pressings sound better than the Japanese ones. I do not have a mono cartridge. 

After listening to the new mix it does sound better. It has to with 2022 technology. My original post was not to argue that point. I still say listen to both and enjoy. But the remix is not the album The Beatles released it’s the album Giles Martin released. I still prefer my original Mono Copy but that’s just me. It’s just great that in 2022 people are still buying and enjoying Beatles music 56 years later.

I guess my point was in 1966 the band and George Martin put out the album with the technology they had and it still holds up today. To remake it adding or subtracting to it seems wrong. The music The Beatles made to me was special I’m 67 I grew up this music. To strip it down and reassemble it is just not right. But then I don’t have to buy it. So there you go just my 2 cents worth

My final thought is yes I’m sure this may sound better. But  in the car world this would be called a Resto Mod. There’s a market and it will sell so it has to be done I guess. But I just have to say Is Nothing Sacred Anymore.

Never thought I’d get this kind of response thank you all for posting. I received my single LP copy yesterday and it sounds very good. Still prefer my Mono copy but it sounds good. But I still ask is it still Revolver? Same songs but different album. But if it opens The Beatles music to a new audience I guess it a good thing. And now I have 92 albums by The Beat;es. 

I have the Japan black box set and the British Blue Box set I don’t have the MOFI set any more but I have always preferred the British Blue Box best for Stereo. But still not as good as the original mono or the 2014 Mono pressings. I have some of the Red Vinyl Mono pressings from the 80’s but haven’t played them in a long time more of a collector thing.