tekton speakers anyone know of these , t amps?

anyone know of tekton speakers and t amps , small footprint, for streaming with squeezebox..thanks
dwhitt

Showing 1 response by thomp9015

i don't know about streaming with the squeezebox but i have a pair of tekton 6 inchers (fostex 167e drivers) driven by a trends 10.1 t-amp and am very impressed by the results, particularly considering the uber budget price point. it is easy to tell how good this system is with well recorded music, the soundstage is stable, yet very expansive, i mean BIG, way way past the speaker boundaries, imaging seems spot on, the tonality is rich, lush, yet well balanced, the dynamics are very surprising for their size, a very natural presentation, easily showing the difference between excellent, decent, and poor recordings. of course, this combo is bass shy (though not thin sounding in any way) so i ended up with two cheap subwoofers, which really helped to create a fuller, more robust tangible sound field.

btw, i am speaking only of the combo of speaker and amp, as i have heard neither component apart from the other.

i really could not ask for more given the small investment. in fact, i would be surprised if one could do any better for the money out there in audioland, though obviously there are a load of great budget products, tastes vary, room interactions matter, etc.