Technics SP10-Mk2 Rega RB300 Combine

Presently Rega P3 is in my system. A friend suggest me to consider mounting the RB300 arm onto the Technics SP10-MkII tabel which are salvaged from local broadcasting station by some dealer and reconditioned for re-sale. I could not find any documentation on this Technics model. Present and past user friends please advise me if this combination works better than the Rega P£
morning_owl

Showing 2 responses by sdcampbell

I don't recall if the Technics SP10 is a belt-drive or direct-drive turntable. If it is a direct-drive, my personal suggestion is to avoid it (given its age and amount of use), and get a newer belt-drive unit. You can often find used Rega Planar tt's on Audiogon for very reasonable prices.
Sorry -- didn't read your post carefully enough. On second reading, I note that you already have a Rega P3. It's a fine table, and I doubt the Technics will beat it. If you simply want to upgrade your Rega, look at used VPI tables - such as the HW-19 Mk 4, or the Aries. Your Rega RB300 arm is a decent arm, but if you pair it with one of these VPI turntables, I suggest you have the arm modified. I currently own a VPI HW-19 table with the Rega RB900 arm, and I've been very satisfied with the combination. If I upgrade any further, it will be to buy the VPI Aries with the JMW-10 or JMW-12 arm.