Technics SL1200 Cardas REWIRE Shielding

I am currently looking to rewire my tone arm. I know that cardas makes a nice litz wire for rewiring tonearms. I have a bit of a technical question. I am hoping to use a shielded wire and I was just curious how to connect the shield within the wand and tonearm assembly?

Does anyone know of a good source to get a spool of this wire, in either shielded or unshielded format?

I believe the wire has the following flow from inside out.
Litz->dilectric enamel-> 4 straight->1 shield for all 4->dilectric.

It sees as though if I had the left and right independently shielded then I would be able to connect to the cartridge as follows left signal left ground, right signal right ground. But since there is only one shield I am uncertain of how to do this properly. Some advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a million guys looking forward to hearing from you.
dfelkai

Showing 2 responses by dfelkai

I hear you KAB is amazing, no question. But I want to do it myself, learn something new, and enjoy the process. It is going to be tricky working with these slim wires but I will try to sort it out. Thanks guys. It is too bad the tonearm wire, when shielded, will not fit through properly, I would have liked to have the entire run shielded.

Nonetheless there is still a problem, supposing that I could pass the wire through the wand shielded, what do I connect the shield to?, if I run the shielded portion through the base only I am still curious as to where to connect the shield.

A further thought, some headphone wires would pass nicely and then I could have an entire run of shielded wire passing through the tonearm and base. In this case the ground connection becomes easy, since the headphone wire has left signal +l sheild and right signal +r shield they could be connected directly to the cartridge 1 to 1.
Your guys are right, wand is the shield. Ground is soldered to end of wand, inside the tube. and follows itself down into base. Thanks guys. Recently switched to a VPI HW19 and I am loving it.