Technics 1200MKII or1210M5G? M5G worth it?

I have a modest system but loads of records I'd like to be able to listen to again.

My current system consists of Magnepan MG1.6's with mods. A QSC 4040 amp, a Kenwood preamp with high gain phono, loading, etc built in, and a Marantz SACD player.

My question is this, would the extra $100.00 the M5G be worth it in my situation? I will likely start out using a Goldring Excel VX cartridge I have left over from my glory days in audio that is low hours and sounded sweet in my SOTA Sapphire several years ago.

BTW, I'm leaning toward spending the extra $100.00 at this moment thinking it might be better then regretting it later.

Thanks for your advice
ktownjohn
Talk to Kevin at KAB.USA he is an athourity on these tables and will guide you in the right direction. I have the MG5 and am very happy with it. From what I understand the stock tonearm wiring is lacking at best so the Cardas wiring is a must. As soon as you can save the$$ I would highly recommend the tonearm fluid damper, it was the best mod that I have done to my table and you will get a lot of others saying the same here.
Be sure and call Kevin, he will give you all the time you need and is a great guy to do business with.
Zen
Thanks for the info Zen. I sent Kevin an email and he thinks the M5G is worth the extra. I'm going to go for the damper, oil, and perhaps a new spindle and clamp after I've had a chance to settle in with the stock sound.

John
I went for the MKII for a simple reason. The dust cover on the MKII has hinges. I like to keep the cover on. If you like the cover off, go for the M5 (and the better wirign to boot). You can also get a kit to convert the M5 cover to hinges.
Post removed