Technics 1200G VS VPI Prime Signature

Has anyone specifically compared these two turntables? Longevity plays a role here, but ultimately SQ is paramount. Aesthetically the Prime Signature (rosewood) is a beautiful looking table. Thinking about either table with Van Den Hul Grail, and VDH DDTII special. I have heard nothing but good things about Technics 1200G.  I have heard of some QC issues with VPI. The simplicity of the Technics unit is also a plus. Any input about this will be appreciated...
jakesnak

Showing 2 responses by rorosone

Hi Dears,

Is a Zyx Ultimate cartridge a good match with the 1200G?

The compliance is 12×10-6cm/dyne but no frequency is mentioned. As it's a Japanese manufacturing, I assume it's given at 100Hz,  so roughly 20×10-6cm/dyne at 10Hz. Will not be challenging with the Technics tonearm?

I am also hesitating between 3 TT: The VPI Prime, the Pro-Ject Signature 10 and the Technics.

Thanks,

Since I moved my Zyx cartridge from my Rega P5 to the Technics 1200G, I am very happy.

I don't know why  I wasn't able to to get good performance from the combination P5/Zyx (I tried everything: spacers, tungsten CT, thin or thick mat, etc...).

With the Technics, that's really good, with great respect of the whole frequency bandwidth.

Now, the poor records sound poorer than poor and the good ones (good mastering / press) are amazing.