TECHNICS 100th Anniversary 2018 Premium Turntables. Their best ever.

I discovered this morning that Technics announced at CES the about to be released later this year their premium Special edition 100th Anniversary Turntables. Head and shoulder's above the SL-1200G and SL-1200GR. The two new models are the SP-10R, which has an outboard power supply with no tonearm and will retail for $10K. Panasonic claims the SP-10R has the highest S/N ratio in the world against any belt drive or direct drive tables on the market. 
The other model is the all in one unit including tonearm, the SL-1000R which will retail for $20K. Only one word comes to mind looking at the pics this morning of the SL-1000R, DROOL! They upgraded and improved the coreless motor thats in the SL-1200G and SL-1200GR models. SME and SOTA, eat your heart's out!
audiozen

Showing 2 responses by chakster

@audiozen yeah, a bit too late :)) 

Chakster-Excuse me for this thread. I didn't realize till moments ago that you mentioned in your thread last September

We have a long debates here for everyone
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/upcoming-technics-sp-10r-100th-anniversary-model 
Actually you can use whatever tonearm except for the short "9 inch (most of them must be avoided because of the mounting distance), any "10.5 or "12 inch are perfect.

In my opinion Reed tonearms are amazing on SP-10R, I like 3p model. 

And EPA-100 mk2 is definitely the best from Technics for SP-10R. 

You don't have to worry about Drive + Tonearm combination as much as you have to think about Tonearm + Cartridge combo! 

Again, any 10.5 inch or longer tonearms are compatible with SP-10R