Technical assistance and recommendations needed

I have a decent system I believe; it is hard to tell since there are no audio clubs in the area and only one audio shop outside of a Best Buy store to hear equipment to compare. So I would recommend a forum for T/A  for folks not having an audio knowledge base.

My system is CD based and is comprised of a Marantz cd6006, Technics SUG700, Canton 9k reference speakers, SVS SB1000pro subwoofer, and a Shiits EQ. Interconnects are SVS interconnects for the SVS sub. Coax is Metabridge Ultra Series, interconnects are very old Monster cable interlink 500 and Monster m1000 mk.3., My speaker cables are from Maker Audio What I enjoy about the system is its inner detail, soundstage, and imaging. The room is a compromise but well damped 12x18 vaulted ceiling wall to wall carpets two overstuffed chairs and couch one open side wall.

The system is a bit analytic, and I would like to warm it up just a bit. So how do I add a bit more flesh/ body to the sound is it through the interconnects?  I am looking for solutions under $1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Scott

scott22

Looks like I gotta replace the speakers, for something detailed with body for around 2 grand+-.

Wharfdale Lintons will be just the ticket with your gear. 

Hi Scott, when you say you are using a schiit eq I'm assuming you run the analog outs of your CD into the Technics. Instead of that, you could replace it with an ifi itube2 or some other tube buffer made by Decware or Fosgate?

My bought new itube2 has been in service 24/7 for a little over 5 years now. Highly recommended but you might have to buy used. I paid $375 and one of my best buys for musicality yet still highly resolving that songs or dialogue on TV, words were much more coherent but only use in unity gain otherwise the upper mids slightly harden (no sibilance, just a sense of hardening). Highs and cymbals still so natural no hint of fatigue and I wouldn't say mids & upper bass was warmish, but body of instruments fully fleshed out.

Alternatively, have you tried using the CD coax out into the coax input on the Technics, thereby using the Technics' DAC. You could then experiment with different Coax cables which *DO NOT* present music or sound the same. I use an active powered Acoustic Revive, the best depth and layering I've experienced in digital but they are hard to find these days. It was revelatory compared to Silnote, Hi-Fidelity Cables Reveal, and others I can't recall now.

Even as audiotroy says your Cantons can be bright, you might be able to flesh out more musical body out of them. Best of luck!

Thank you all for you suggestions will try some options presented. Stray _cat's seem like easy good ones to try .Now its time to tune in turn on and give a listen.