Tannoy Turnberry vs Fyne 502SP?

I was planning on picking up a pair of Tannoy Turnberry speakers in the near future, but remembered about Fyne audio. While I'd love to get some of the 700 series speakers, they are just a bit beyond my budget. However, I am curious how the 502SP would stack up vs the Turnberry. Does anyone have any insight? 

They are roughly the same price, with the Turnberry's being slightly more. 

128x128mmcgill829

Showing 2 responses by tennisdoc56

Late comment for this posting.  I’m running the 702 with 30 wpc class a solid state, and there is plenty of power, and bass control.  Tried the higher powered model of my amp rated at 100 wpc and less expensive.   Went with the lower powered amp.   Very easy to drive. 

Esoteric F03. 30 wpc.  Pure class a.  No ab mode.  Large transformer that likely provides peak power when needed.   Crazy expensive markup but when I heard the two together, had to have them.   Tried the luxman with high expectations after a pre Covid Tampa audio show driving magicos.  Heard them in Atlanta with kef blades and Tampa with my Fynes.  Didn’t work for me, lots of positive reports with both luxman and accuphase  with Fyne