Taking a 110v Luxman Integrated to Europe

I have a fairly new Luxman 590AXII integrated amp that was purchased (and fully paid for) and meant to be my last piece of stereo equipment as I enter retirement.

I'm considering a move from the US to Spain and uncertain about taking this and converting the power from 110 to 220:

- is it possible to provide clean enough power to this amp using a step-down transformer?

- if I can't take it, is it likely I'll be able to purchase a similar (if not the same) amp over there without having it cost me significantly more?

Thanks for any thoughts.

bgm1911

I have a fairly new Luxman 590AXII integrated amp that was purchased (and fully paid for) and meant to be my last piece of stereo equipment as I enter retirement.

I'm considering a move from the US to Spain and uncertain about taking this and converting the power from 110 to 220:

Yeah just use a transformer.
(I am doing the same thing on 230v.)

- is it possible to provide clean enough power to this amp using a step-down transformer?

WTF is clean power?
I hear the term often as if it is somehow dirty.

But maybe having a transformer on the input is why the fancy power cords make no difference as the transformer is a huge impedance to block any nastiness coming down the line?

- if I can't take it, is it likely I'll be able to purchase a similar (if not the same) amp over there without having it cost me significantly more?

You probably want to pack a few power strips.

If you like it, then take it.

But selling it, and getting something over there is always an option.

Have you contacted Luxman to see if there are simples tap and cord changes that enable it to go onto 230v?

There probably is… (If they have the same model in the Eu.)

It would be better to change it to operate off the higher voltage. Most can be changed easily, but not sure about your Luxman, check it out. 

It would be better to change it to operate off the higher voltage. Most can be changed easily, but not sure about your Luxman, check it out. 

^I would tend to agree^, but for my preamp… they wanted 750 USD to supply the 240 power supply.
And it sounds just dandy with the 110v on a transformer.

If the move is permanent, and there is no other 110v gear, then ask the manufacturer how mush or how.

If the move is only for a few years just use the transformer. (IMO).

Either way it will most likely be fine.

If it’s a permanent move, get a local electrical technician to do the conversion, or Luxman Spana to assist in doing this conversion. If short term, then use a step down transformer and enjoy. Lived in Europe for 25 years and used step down transformers for my 120 volt non oscillation frequency dependent equipment. Pure analog preamps and power amps fit this description as do integrateds.