T+A MP3100HV how close to the SD/SDV3100HV

I know we have a few dealers of T+A gear on here.

The MP3100HV is the swiss army knife with SACD/FM/Streaming/Internet Radio/DAC. How good is the DAC compared to the SD/SDV3100HV? Or should I say how close is the DAC section of the MP to the SD/SDV?

My CD collection is on a NAS and I use Roon for streaming. I guess the transport is a nice to have but the DAC section is what I'm most concerned with. 

bryans

Showing 3 responses by thyname

Or you can ask that question to T+A direct at e-service@ta-hifi.de

Bernd typically replies in 1-2 business days.

In terms of the DAC, for the SD / SDV 3100: Double-Differential-Quadruple-Converter with four 32-Bit Sigma-Delta D/A-Converter per channel. 705,6 / 768 kSps conversion rate

For the MP 3100: Double-Differential-Quadruple-Converter with four 32-Bit Sigma Delta D/A converters per channel. 352.4 / 384 kSps conversion rate

As we know, the DAC chip is only small part of the story. Other factor as the implementation, analog output stage, power supply, clock, etc. are more important. Then there is the streaming client (the network bridge built in both). I know for the MP is based on a Pi platform. I don’t know about the SD / SDV
Thanks for the update @bryans ! Having said this, it does not sound like David told you much. Meaning no technical details other than the usual marketing gibberish.