Systems over $100k

Which of you has a $100k+ system...? Do you plan to upgrade?

128x128infection

Showing 4 responses by jakesnak

The evolution of an audiophile. I started with Phase Linear, Revox A77, Empire TT, Epicure, didn't give cables a 2nd thought back in the day. This was a lot of money back than. Now Gryphon Mephisto/Pandora/EMM's DV2, M12 switch, Cardas, JCAT LPS, Cables, JA Pearl 20/20's. Still in pursuit of improvement. Now Gryphon's new APEX/Commander enters the fray.  One either comprehends this pursuit or not? What ever floats your boat? Its just not possible to put together a world class system without spending a lot of money. I don't dictate the pricing, if one is fortunate to be able to delve this deep, be grateful. 

Seriously considering that. You start to wonder where the money will be best spent.  Pandora/Mephisto is a great combination. That combo with top tier Rockport, Lyra (hard to beat) Vs Apex/Commander with my JA Pearl 20/20's? First combo is money better spent. Incrementally, you want the biggest impact for the buck. The point I am attempting to make is, best to think the incremental improvements out to accomplish biggest bank for the buck. Often people don't look far enough as to what they may eventually obtain.

@jg2077 

How are you Jose? We spoke before. I thought you were going to sell your Solos? No I have not compared anything as of yet. I have spoken with some folks. I am in the preliminary planning part of this. I was very close in going with APEX/COMMANDER, however the part in which the Mephisto/Pandora was going to be worked into the deal fell apart. Will perhaps have to consider a private deal in the future? I am almost happy it went this way, money better spent with speaker upgrade. The Mephisto/Pandora with My EMM  LABS DV2, just work well together. The transparent nature of Gryphon and the Organic presentation of the DV2 pair well.  All though I have NO Complaints with JA 20/20's. They do everything right. Cygnus are exceptional! In terms of Preamp I like to pair preamp with the same company's amplification. The green Bias is another plus for me. Huge room, 30 X 26 X 26H, A frame Log Home. Head Room is needed! I have heard good things about Nagra HD. How would you say the Nagra HD distinguished itself from the Pandora? All the Best Jose...

John

@jg2077 

Thanks Jose, yes the Commander looks quite substantial. If I got wind of the new line, perhaps would have waited before purchasing the Pandora. Actually not perhaps! I would have waited. Pandora is only 2 months old. Your Solos with the Cygnus and Nagra HD will be hard pressed for very many others to compete with. Take good care man....

John