System Upgrade

Leben CS600; Harbeth Plus 5s; PS Audio with Bridge II linked via Blue Heaven USB; Chord Clearway interconnects and speaker cables (not bi-wired).

Sounds good but "flat" and I find myself having to turn up the volume almost halfway to get any "presence".

What am I missing, if anything?

Than you.
mdmdwyer
@mdmdwyer

Did you have the opportunity to double check your speaker cable connections to the Leben as I described in the post above? Triple check that your positive and negative speaker cables correspond to the non-traditional Leben alternating layout. What about the connections to the Harbeths as I described earlier? Since the headphone output uses the same amp output circuitry as the speaker taps and it sounded nice, then I believe your problem may be from the back of your Leben to the speakers.

Additionally, unplug your Leben from the Westinghouse adapter NOW and plug it directly into a wall outlet and listen for changes. You may be current limited through the adapter. Keep after it, you purchased great gear and great sound awaits.
Thanks so much. Speaker cable connections are correct, same with the Harbeths. Leben plugged direct into the wall.

Also changed the selector switches, cathode down and plate voltage up. 

We certainly have improvement. 

Thanks again. 
But the moment you challenge it - Choirs, organ music...dial halfway and it is struggling. I think, per earlier posts, power/drive is lacking. 

Unfortunately. 
Whoa. When you changed the selector switches, were they incorrectly set for the specific tube type installed? The switches should be set for the specific output tube only. Did you buy your Leben new?

Take the Leben with you to your Harbeth dealer and drop it into their system and see what you hear. Its also a good practice to be able to compare against other amp offerings the dealer may have so you can get a proper match to your desired speakers. Obviously something isnt meshing, how unfortunate. Best of luck on getting what you are after.
Just sounds like the preamp has lower output to drive your amps at lower volume settings.  No biggie but if you come across another preamp to try out then can see if there is any sound improvement.