System feedback coming thru speakers.....help

I just hooked up my system that I have been building for several months and I am getting some feedback out of the speakers. I ended up hooking up a different speaker and it still is doing the same thing. The speakers are all static-ie and the signal seems weak. Here is my system:
Sonograph SA 400 amp
CJ PV 11 with phono
Thorens TD 160 turntable
Hales T 3 speakers
Nakamichi dragon tape deck
Panasonic DVD S 53 as cd source (for now).
Just had a pair of audio quest bi wire speaker cables made today.

Any ideas?
Additional note: I am in a really old house......like late 1800's. Old wiring, two prong, pre grounding even. Could it be:
Line noise?
Cables touching behind my system?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Jason
jdvorak
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!
Well, I finally spoke with Ed at CJ earlier this week and we took off the cover of the amp together (as the fuses are internal on the Sonagraph SA400). Sure enough, 2 of the 4 fuses were blown. once replaced, all is well.

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your input, advice and direction in helping me solve my issue. Your direction allowed me to go to Ed with pinpoint accuracy on where "we" collectively thought the issue might be.
There is nothing more satisfying now than sitting in front of my system and listening, feeling the stresses of the day wash away. I truly love being a lover of music, the arts.....as a product of them growing up, and even a music major in college (before switching to business and finding my career in healthcare sales/leadership), music has always been core and foundational in my life. It is good to be us!
Thank you again, fellow Audiogoners!

Sincerely,

Jason Dvorak
ok, one more question. I've blown a few fuses now ont he amp.....wondering if there is "dirty" power, and/or do I need a line conditioner/filter of some sort. anyone have any knowledge/experience in this area?
How do you turn on your system? Amp turns on last...amp goes off first, right?