Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

Showing 36 responses by a25105

Frank,

I just replaced the 2 main fuses on my PS Audio BHK 250 amp with the black fuses.  Just like what you described in this post, it is less musical but it sounds more live and being there.  I can't wait until they are completely burn in.  This is like a night and day experience compare to the stock fuses.  This is a pricey upgrade but blew me away already.

Not sure if you or other black fuse users here have any experience on upgrading the rail fuses.  Is the impact/difference as big as upgrading the main fuse?  I still have 4 stock rail fuses in my amp.  Or should I just buy the Herbie's rings?  Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Thx.

Allan
Frank,

Thank you once again for the tip.  Just order it from Amazon, will definitely try it on the tube pins.  How many Herbies rings are you using for each tube on your preamp and what's the best position?

Glad you are enjoying your music.  To me it is just sound if you can't hear the emotions of the things that you are listening to.  If you can become emotionally involved, that's called music!

I need someone to rescue me too.  My coworker said I have this serious audiophile sickness:)

Allan
mtseymour,

Have you replaced all the fuses in your BHK amp with the black fuses?  How much better is your BHK after replacing the 4 rail fuses compare to the 2 main ones?  thx.

Allan
i just ordered the black duplex mainly because of the free fuse.  I think the bass in my system is good enough already.  I am hoping the duplex will make things more warm and musical instead.  Did I just make a wrong move?  Got 30 days to try it out.  Looking forward to hear the final outcome from fleschler.
fleschler, thx for your post.  I was able to see improvement on my LG OLED TV after I plugged it in along with other AV stuff to a Furman PST-8D outlet.  Got it from Amazon for $80.

I am glad to hear the black duplex is smoothing out the high end on your system.
fleschler,

thx for reporting.  Please continue to keep us posted.  My black duplex should arrive tomorrow.
Absolutely agree with Dave and Charles.  Thanks to Frank who started this thread that let us learn about different tweaks that can be apply to our systems.  Even though some of these things are system dependent and might not work for you but he still treated everyone with respect here.  He is always here to answer your questions when you need him. Last but not least, who doesn't enjoy chatting with others who have the common interest as yourself?  Happy holidays and happy listening to you all!

Allan
same here.  Best wishes to David.

Just installed 2 more black fuses to my amp and it sounded horrible.  Hate going through the break in process.  Will install the black outlet today.

Frank, I was able to hear all the differences at the Newport show but my friend said he could only a couple of those changes.  I remember he said he heard no differences about the black box that was sitting on the floor.
What I really meant was I would pay the seller to break in for me if there is such a service.  I would like to know how the device sounds immediately after I inserted it to my system and be able to enjoy it right away if it is good.  
I don't know if I still need to replace the remaining 2 rail fuses in my amp.  My system has never sound so good.  Like what Frank said, I just don't want to leave home and play one song after another.  It doesn't just make sound but it makes MUSIC!  Not sure if it was the copper that I stripped off from the outlet, the new SR black outlet or the 2 black fuses that I put into my amp.  I will probably take the fuses out once they are fully break in to find out how good the outlet really is.  The first day sounded really bright and loud.  The second day was worst, vocals sounded horrible.  It was like trying to sing when you have a cold.  I hate that sound.  I expected the break in period to be longer but now it sounds really good already.  I am not sure if it will get even better.  Also, I thought I was just going to get more bass and better soundstage from what you guys were saying by installing the SR black outlet.  I did not expect to get increase details, better dynamics, more 3D sound and most important of all it is more musical now.  I have a feeling this effect will get magnified as you add more fuses or other SR devices to your system.  Just my 2 cents and I want to go back to listen to music now:)

Fleschler,

i could be be wrong but I noticed the fast blow fuses that are being used as rail fuse did not take as long to break in compare to the slow blow that are being used as main fuses in my amp.  

Allan
Come on guys,

Stop thinking about the fuse for now and focus on the ones that you love and care.  It's new year and happy new year to you all.
Frank,

Are you using the Rx or the SS dampers for your CD7?  BTW, I read through some of your previous posts and bought the Linda Ronstadt Round Midnight Album.  Got it from Amazon and love it.  Anything that you can recommend similar to that?  Thx and greatly appreciated:)

Allan
Frank and Charles,

Thanks to both of you, I will check them out!

Frank,
Check this out, this might make ALL your red book CDs sound better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2hvtqLP4qE

Allan
Charles,

How nice to have a buddy like Frank, you get free good music all the time.  You can save your money for more fuses:)

Frank,
I just want to let you know I recently purchased a pair of Cerious Technologies Graphene speaker cables.  I am not ready to write a full review but all I want to say is the effect is bigger than the combinations of 6 SR black fuses, 2 Herbies rings, SR outlet and Audience power chords.  No exaggeration!  If the fuse is rated at 1, the speaker cables just magnified everything to a 10.  I wrote an email to Bob (the owner of Cerious Tech) to let him know that I am keeping his cables after listened to it less than an hour.  Just unbelievable.

Allan
Frank,

I would like to wish you nothing but the best for your surgery and a speedy recovery.  Please don't forget to tell the doctor to install a couple black fuses in those valves and let him know they are directional:)  Take care!

Allan
Frank and Charles,

I just got this device today and it's everything the author said in the article.  No break in is necessary, you could hear the difference right away.  The effect is bigger than the 6 fuses that I replaced in my PS audio BHK amp.  That could be the best $300 bucks I ever spent.

Allan

http://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/bybeetech-quantum-signal-enhancer/
Frank,

Sorry about the confusion.  I bought 2 of those and use one on each side of my outlet like the author posted on the web site.  They are awesome and I just found them hard to believe that would make such a difference.  To me it is just a piece of wood and not plug in to anything.  I am still in shock but my wife noticed the sound improved too.  According to Jack from Bybee, it will also improve the quality on your TV.  He also told me in email that I should try them in my fuse box outside of my house.  Since I only have them for 2 days, I will follow up later with more details.

Allan
Quick update on the iQSE device.  Not 100% sure but feel like the device sounded even better after 2 days, could be my imaination.  The most important thing is it sounds greated and does not change the tonal balance.  Not like other devices that only make the sound more forward or louder, this thing makes music more musical and more engaging.  Is this what analog supposed to sound?  I don't know but I like it a lot even though I have no turntable in my system.  Took them out and the sound becomes flat and dull immediately.  Attached one iQSE on the back of my TV near the power cord, some of the things that were unnoticed or hidden before are there now.  Also change the color a little bit, I think it's a little unnatural.  Overall, the picture is more real and you could see more details.  However, I would say the improvement is only between 5-15%.  Not as dramatic as being used on the AC outlet for audio.  Attached another iQSE to the back of the TV made no differences at all.  That's all I have for now.
I am with Tommylion on this.  I don't give a damn how or why this works and all the theories behind it.  It doesn't mean a thing to me if it does not sound good, Period.  I don't think people should post any negative comments on it if you have not heard what the device can do to your system.  For me there are only 2 things matter.  1. the device has to make my system sound better and 2. price that I can afford.  It is that simple.  Come on guys, don't make life more complicated if you don't have to!
Geoffkait,

You have the right to do what you want in life and I respect that.  Please update us here if you ever find the answer.  For me, I will continue to enjoy my music that brings me joy and happiness.  Life is just too short.

Allan
Frank,

I can't wait for you to reveal the device that you are testing.  Can you tell us what's the price point that we are looking at for this device?  Also, have you tried the iQSE on your system?

Allan
Frank,

Sorry to hear that you have to go through hell on your recovery:(  Really hope you can get well soon.  Take care and eat well.  You should try something like this even though you don't feel like eating.

http://www.expressmed.com/product/nutritional-drinks/73959-53344/abbott-nutrition-ensure-original-25...

Allan
Hey Frank,

How is your recovery going?  Hope you are doing much better.  Take care and let us know.

Allan
tommylion,

Thx for sharing.  Do you also need one for the unused input on the DAC side?  

Frank,

Is the blue fuse the secret tweak that you were referring to previously?

Allan
Hi Frank,

how much better is the blue fuse vs. the black?  10%?  20?  I look forward  to hear your honest opinion.  Thx. 

Allan
Frank,

Thx for your response.  It's just hard to for me to believe the blue fuse is that good.  I guess I will try one if they have some kind of intro promotion.  Is the "secret tweak"  better than the blue fuse?

Allan
Frank,

Thx for sharing more info on the "secret tweak", I will probably hold off on the blue fuse until the secret tweak is launched.  Well, I might pull the trigger if David's mom reports a big improvement on the Nelson Pass amp:)  Have a great weekend!

Allan