Swap Outlet in PS Ultimate Outlet

Hello all,

I've got a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet and was thinking of swapping the existing outlet(Power Port I assume) with a cryo Hubble outlet(Porter Port).

Waste of time? The Ultimate Outlet is currently before my Pre/Pro and CD/DVD player.

Thanks
Marty
marty9876
If you have a 15A standard (not High current) it doesn't have a power port. The High Current versions do use Power Ports. You won't see much if any difference between them and Porter Ports. Both are great. The Porter Port will best the outlet in the 15A standard version easily. I use both the Power Ports and Albert's Porter Ports. I also have both the 15A standard UO and the 20A High Current UO.
Marty, I would be willing to loan you a Porter Port to try in that position. If it helps you owe me $36.00. Otherwise you return it and owe nothing.
Albert-Thanks for the generous offer. I have two outlets left over from the original batch just kicking around. Just thinking of something to take apart and goof off with.

Slipknow-The unit I have is the HO version. Somehow I managed to end up with the wrong type of unit, technically I should have a 20 amp unit on the amp and a 15 amp for the pre/pro(heard somewhere the 15 amp sounded a touch better).

So I just plug the amp into the wall and leave it at that(Porter Port of course).

Thanks
Marty
The added nickel plating of the PS Audio receptacle is a detriment, not an improvement, and Albert's offer is worth pursuing. The Porter Port, or a cryoed Hubbell 5262 or 5362 should be a major improvement over even the PS Audio Powerport, or any other receptacle (particularly if it's nickle plated) in the Ultimate Outlet.
I TOTALY AGREE with Hdm. The Porter Port (to my ears) will sound significantly better for the reason Hdm stated.