Svetlanta really going under?

Eric Barbour posted at Audio Asylum that the future of certain vacuum tube manufacturers is questionable. He stated that the prices will need to drastically rise. i think that he suggested a price of $250.00 for their 6L6! Is this tube really going to out perform my Genelex KT-66? You can buy the KT-66 from most reputable tube dealers for around $100.00 to $125.00 each. Eric puts most of the blame on the guitar manufacturers, stating that they are too cheap. His letter sounds desparate, taking many cheap shots at audiophiles, OEM manufacturers, and calling us "Jerks". It is a must-read. Once again, it's at www.audioasylum.com in the tube section. Check it out. So, is it really that expensive to build new tubes? That you have to charge $250.00 for a 6L6? (Think it's worth twice what my Genelex KT-66 cost?)
brianw

Showing 2 responses by jacks0395

Svetlana only closes their California Office. Don't try calling the 800 number, it is disconnected. The Huntsville (main) office is still open. The Manufacturing plant in Russia is doing well!!! Sad to see Eric lose his job. He was a wonderful spokesman.
I saw the article you mentioned. He is the jerk! I haven't seen anything from Svetlana that comes close to the GOOD NOS tubes. Why do they want MORE money for their mediocre tubes than the GOOD NOS? Hey Eric, here's the deal, make something better, THEN demand the price! Until then, good luck.