Suggest Table and cartridge for my system

Hello,

I have never owned a quality table. I am lookingto add one to my system. Here is my current setup:

Proac Response 2
Rogue Tempest(has phono stage)
Audio Aero Prima MKII
Acoustic Zen Ref Matrix II interconnects and tsunami PC's
Top Gun line conditioner

I was thinking about possible a Aries Scout but not sure what cartridges to look at. I am open to ideas in $1000 range for the table and $3-500 for cartridge, used market is fine.

Thanks
kali77
Kali, please keep us informed of your decision. I will likely be upgrading my table within the year and I am considering those same 2 tables, or possibly spending the extra dough and going up 1 step in either line...although the JA Michell Gyro does not come with a tonearm....so the $2500 for that table might be out of my price range. Anyway, I digress. I would love to hear your thoughts on either table and ESPECIALLY if you get the oppurtunity to compare the two. From what I have heard they are both good tables and pretty comparible. Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?
Carter9000,

I am leaning towards the VPI at this point. I am actually upset with myself because I was a little too late on a VPI Scout and a Michell Technodec in the sales corner :( At this point which ever comes up first for a good deal in the sales corner is what I will most likely go with. There is a local shop I am probably going to pay a visit this week to listen to the VPI. I will let you know what I decide and my opinions etiher way.

Now I just need to decide on a phono pre??

I am also tinkering with trying to upgrade my Proac Response 2 monitors......which may be hard to do with the funds I will have available.
Kali77, did you have the chance to give a listen to the VPI? My new Benz Woodbody cartridge that I ordered should be in within the next couple of weeks and when I drop my TT off to have the cartridge mounted, I am going to try and give a listen to both, the VPI and the JA Michell.

The wait for my cartridge is killing me. I think I may spontaneously combust if it doesn't arrive within the next few weeks. It's the new wood body "S" series from Benz. I haven't heard it yet, I bought it based on my like for the Benz line of cartridges. Anyway...I digress. Point is, I should have the chance soon to compare the two TT. I will also report back.