subwoofer for Quad 988 electrostatics

I am the owner of the Quad 988's along with Thor TPA 60
watt monblocks with a Thor Preamp. The rest consists of a
Cary CD Player and a VPI turntable. I have previously started a thread with regard to the best speaker around $15,000 per pair. It was suggested that I consider a subwoofer instead. Well, after careful reading it was suggested that I try the Audio Physic Minos subwoofer, which
in Issue 137/138 was reviewed very favorably in the Absolute
Sound. In fact, Paul Seydor owns the 988 and said the sub
blended seamlessly. The other choices are: 1. Vandersteen
2. Definitive Technology Reference Cube, 3. Martin Logan Descent 4. Alon Thunderbolts I am looking for a front firing subwoofer like the Minos as a downfiring sub will
really vibrate my tile floors. Has any fellow audiophiles heard the Minos, or heard it with the Quads?, or has anybody heard the Quad 988's with any sub that blends well
witht he 988's. Thank you in advance for any light that you can shed on the above.
kjl

Showing 1 response by 9thline6d29

The Definitive Supercube Reference Rocks! You need to audition the DT SC Reference. It will change your opinion of subwoofers. My SC Ref sounds effortless and musical; it extends the bass of any speaker. You can adjust the level ans xover to match your mains. It is the only subwoofer that really has the power to make you feel that you are there (at a concert).