Sub s for Dali Megaline system

I am interested in a subwoofer system (1 or 2) for my two channel room. It consists of the Dali Megaline III speakers driven by McIntosh electronics--C1000C 3 piece preamp and 2 sets of MC501 monoblocks. My listening tastes vary widely and includes classic/orchestral, classic rock/pop/r&b, and specific female vocalists. I am strongly considering a pair of Jl Audio Fathom 212's (the Gothams seem way too big). I'd appreciate any input. Ray.
rros05666
By the way, my listening room is rather large--19' wide x 23' deep x 22' high ceilings, with dual hallways and a balcony leading to another large volume room behind the listening room.
Ray,

What are you trying to achieve?

1) Greater bass exention? (I'd think the Dalis go as low as almost any signal on any musical recording, although HT might be a different story. Not so?)

2) Greater clean spl potential throughout the bass region?

3) Smoother bass response?

For #1 (if needed) and #2, the big SVS and any 12" or larger from JL should do the trick, since these units have immense clean output capability. The biggest Rythmiks (with a less less clean spl potential way down low) are also worth checking out, especially if multiple units are being deployed (see below). Since each extra sub will increase your clean spl potential at any given frequency, using more subs allows a wider variety of model choice. That is, if 3 or 4 subs are used, you won't need the largest SVS or JL units - that would be overkill. Smaller models or the big Rythmiks should do the trick in this case.

For option #3, Digital Room Correction (Audyssey, TacT, Velodyne SMS, etc.) is one answer, provided that you're actively rolling off the low end of the Dalis. Multiple subs -optimally positioned - is another way to smooth bass response. You can always use both approaches - I do.

Good Luck

Marty
About a month ago I added a pair of JL Audio F212's--to the solid state side of the McIntosh C1000C's. They are now seamless with the Dali Megalines. By a substantial margin I prefer the Solid-state (with Subs) section to the Tube side of the Mac preamp.