Sub s for Dali Megaline system

I am interested in a subwoofer system (1 or 2) for my two channel room. It consists of the Dali Megaline III speakers driven by McIntosh electronics--C1000C 3 piece preamp and 2 sets of MC501 monoblocks. My listening tastes vary widely and includes classic/orchestral, classic rock/pop/r&b, and specific female vocalists. I am strongly considering a pair of Jl Audio Fathom 212's (the Gothams seem way too big). I'd appreciate any input. Ray.
rros05666

Showing 4 responses by rros05666

Uhmmmm. Thanks guys for all that input. Anyway, I've considered all the above and was about to pull the trigger on the...until mating a pair of the Scaena subs (single or dual 18") with the Megalines was suggested. Any thoughts?
By the way, my listening room is rather large--19' wide x 23' deep x 22' high ceilings, with dual hallways and a balcony leading to another large volume room behind the listening room.
About a month ago I added a pair of JL Audio F212's--to the solid state side of the McIntosh C1000C's. They are now seamless with the Dali Megalines. By a substantial margin I prefer the Solid-state (with Subs) section to the Tube side of the Mac preamp.