Sub for 2 channel music only setup

Hiya,

I've been reading alot about some subwoofers being better suited for music and some better suited for HT. Is there really a difference? If so I was wondering anyones thoughts on a brand of subwoofer to be used in a two channel music only system. I have Polk LSI9's and a Parasound A21/P7 amp/pre. Thanks.
mjm1124
08-09-09: Dlcockrum
Agree with Stanwal and Kal on the REL. The REL is one of the only sub systems to use hi-level inputs from your main amp with no crossovers in the signal path of your main speakers.
True but, often, there are good reasons to have such a crossover. Removing the bass signals from small speaker greatly increases its effective power handling.

Kal
Agree, but a crossover that would not degrade the sound quality of a top-flight preamp would be VERY expensive and then there is the cost of the additional cabling...
Drubin
The 'R' series seems like more for HT than 2 channel. When compared to 2 channel the 'R' series to me sounds too boomy. Not as musical. Maybe it's the class 'D' amp - I don't know but again to me it didn't sound right. FWIW I have the B3 and will say the cable made a huge difference over the stock cable. It's possible a cable upgrade would make the the 'R' series sound better. I didn't have the upgraded cable to compare then. The Nordost baseline is less expensive when compared to the SR telsa so it could be even better. I just know the stock cable does not do the Rel any justice. Although any upgraded stock cable may bring the cost of the Rel way up.