Stylus force digital scales

Digital scales from Clearaudio and others range from $200-500. Amazon has 'em for $20. Why cant I use one of these instead and save big bucks?
tbromgard
according to my new digital force gauge my loading was heavy by over .25 grams. it made a substantial improvement when I decreased the weight. I previously used an ortofon scale which was difficult for me to get a good reading. cheers
I was setting up my clear-audio with a Steve Blinn Digital and ended up with better results using the clear-audio included manual gauge. Go figure like Jinpitsburgh said.
Beautiful! If you are fond of contemporary products I'd advise checking the following link: http://www.medicalexpo.com/medical-manufacturer/platform-scale-608.html. Hope you enjoy it!
The Winds ALM 01 is the best good to 100th of a gram.I once had a $50.00 one it was junk it depends on how good a table,arm and cart you have.
I very much agree that the Shure scale is good enough. After getting the VTF in the "ballpark", you should experiment with a little more, and a little less to find the optimum for your cartridge. All that Dougdeacon said is "golden", ...I have an electronic scale, but its really not needed.