Studer a730 professional cd player

Need to know if any members try using the dac of the studer a730 or a727. That is to say having and external transport digital output then feeding the the signal to the studer a730, so the studer acts as a dac. I don't know if this is possible? I try using the unit as a transport with an external dac and it sounded pretty decent. But I was curious and would think that it should work as a dac since my unit has the philips tda 1541a s2 chipset, hoping the dac section of the unit can outperform many standalone unit dac out there. Also If any members experience using an external clock feeding it to the studer unit, i would be interest in hearing your experiences as well. Your advise is much appreciated.
128x128zipost

Showing 1 response by zipost

Thanks for the detail. With all the three unit that you had, you personally would pick the D730 over any of the Studer or Revox? I was thinking about picking up a D730, but hesitate b/c it uses a newer chip set TDA 1547 and cdm 4. How does a newer chip set compare to the TDA 1541 and cdm 3 laser mechanism. Please advise?