Streaming for beginner

I have a PS Audio front end-- DMP disc player and DirectSteam DAC. Very happy with the resolution and performance, especially from my redbook cd collection. For those familiar with the DSD, it is upgradable via a network bridge card to become a dedicated streamer. When I bought this DAC, I was looking ahead to an eventual migration to streaming.
I also have a Spotify account, that currently only serves me as a companion to my iPhone during walks and exercise.

My question: assume my goal is to stream for convenience, simplicity, and achieve audio quality that equals or surpasses that of redbook cd’s. I am not looking to purchase music or download it for storage. What am I missing? I also have a dedicated iPad that can serve as the interface to the DAC/Streamer. Spotify also claims that streaming in high resolution is available on my account. Do I need anything else? Am I oversimplifying this?

I am a beginner when it comes to streaming, so please answer in simple terms since I will not be familiar with a lot of the services and components mentioned elsewhere in these forums. In fact, confusing enough for me that it is forcing me to ask here.

mbiondo
@oddiofyl Also Node 2i into RME ADI-2 DAC FS here. Sometimes headphones (beyerdynamic), sometimes balanced interconnects into MF M6si amp. Very satisfied.
Mostly Qobuz, but also a disk WD Passport with my ripped CDs, directly connected to Node 2i.
Post removed 
Hey everyone.  I’m the OP and wanted to let everyone know that after many months of research and thinking and reading every single reply here, I took the plunge and went with an Aurelic G2.1 and Cardas USB to my existing PS Audio DSD.   Play Qobuz via Aurelic Lightning app on my iPad.  I’m incredulous on how well it compares to my cd collection played thru my PSAudio DMP.  Honestly, comparing same tracks I cannot tell the difference in SQ.  I cannot say one is better than the other.  I may hear a little more detail on CDs but not entirely convinced that I am.  Regardless, having the ability to explore new music almost without limit and not sacrificing quality is a game changer.