Streaming 102

Happy holidays! I posted here 2 weeks ago about entering the streaming domain and got many helpful replies. I did get a used Bluesound Node2 and have been streaming Quobuz. I can't believe the sound, especially for such an entry level product, however I have been intrigued by the reviews of the Shiit Yggdrasil DAC. If I connect the Node2 to it would I get the full benefit or should I consider another streamer? A good friend has the Lumin T1 and I have heard the T2 is even better but as I say I the Shiit seems like the way to go. Thanks in advance for more replies, Joe.

joeyfed55

Showing 3 responses by mrdon

Hi, i posted several times on this feed about my new Bluesound version 2021. After settling in i find there is a noticeable pause before playing and stopping. Does anyone know if a pause after selecting "play and stop" is normal for a "hardwired" setup? 

Hi, I just spoke with a rep. at Crutchfield and tried to establish or determine if i use an {ethernet cable from a switch} {coming from my router} and connect the bluesound via Coax to my DAC (Pontus II) which is connected to my pre-amp as well as my Amp. would that be considered hard wired. If so, how does the Bluesound Node connect with my BlueOS app or for that fact Roon on my computer other than wifi. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated..    

I am just adding a post since i just unboxed and set up a Bluesound Node (2021 version). Perfect for desktop application. Sounds sophisticated and surprisingly clear. Now if i can get use to streaming music from BlueOS/Roon versus Tidal. A big plus is being able to change songs without clicking, just reach and the arrows light up, also stop or pause. I even managed to get Roon working so some progress on that front.