Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast

Showing 1 response by audioconnection

((((My amp is Audio Research, tubes, about 130 watts/channel.  I believe this is enough power for both the KEF Reference 3 and 5.  At least one person has told me that the 5 actually doesn't sound as good as the 3-- that despite more bass it sounds less integrated )))
Why worry
Take that ARC amp and install it on the top section of Vandersteen Quatro's CTs
 100 hz on up with the Hi-pass Think tight Bass or bloom in the bass your choice but you are in control. The built-in Quatros CTs amps are going to outperform any of the above in foundation with their tunable to your room compensation adjustment flexibility and total performance, you win because it is now bi-amped, seamless, full range, with drive excitment,balls and time correct as well.
Otherwise just keep your Proacs.
 Best JohnnyR