Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Showing 3 responses by jetter

There has only been one person on A'gon that I disliked so much because....well take my word for it, I disliked him.  Since MC liked Tekton, I didn't.  Then when Eric Alexander started posting he was thinking of litigation against some here it pretty much cemented my negative feelings towards the brand, without ever hearing a pair.

Now that MC is long gone, and Eric is being even handed, if not cool, about his responses, I have absolutely no preconceived negativity about the brand, and I should not since I have not heard any of the speakers.

The looks of the larger speaker are not my cup of tea.  First, I like a medium size floorstander for my room.  And as Eric mentions, he builds for performance not looks.

@ozzy62 

Not sure who you think you are sitting in your ivy tower and telling anyone else how to think or what is sad or not.

But you will notice I said disliked very much, not hate.  Big difference.  In this case dislike very much is when I think someone is a pompous a*s in an intellectual sense.  Quite frankly, hate is when I intend to do something about it.

@ozzy62

Not to mention that I was among a of group people here who he accused of contacting the Washington State board that oversees x-ray techs and complained that he was providing substandard service and either had him barred or almost barred from his occupation.

Even though my political opinions aligned with his

I don’t think you really mean this, as I remember MCs political opinion was that the democrats invented covid.