Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Showing 17 responses by grislybutter

@tektondesign I read your comments and I am sad to say: you have caused a lot of damage to the Tekton brand. And I have no stake in being pro or against Tekton, I know some people who love it so they must be decent speakers. 

@tektondesign your bashing other brands and getting personal was not a good look by any standards but we can all have our opinions. 

pull this thread why? Everyone has to shut up who wants to discuss the Tekton issue?

Erin is a serious, knowledgeable guy, he is not just doing the entertainment part, like most youtubers

so let's assume that Erin had no reason to suspect it was designed like an IKEA cabinet and didn't expect holes in the bottom. And that in your eye, questions his credibility. His 100s of thorough, professional reviews means nothing to you.

@mapman the story for me is about Erin and the future of reviews, not Tekton. It's legal drama, bullying of an individual by a corporation. I have been a victim of this type of nasty intimidation several times as an employee, a real estate buyer, I think the hype generated around this review and the forcing of taking it down has been more than appropriate. We live in a democracy (for now), it's good that we can support the little guy and empower him to stand his ground. He had sleepless nights, he lost weight, it's been one of his most stressful weeks of his life. It's not just "drama", it's someone's pain and suffering. 

I lost track, are we still talking about speakers, flying speakers or supersonic jets? 

@newfzx7 but that's NOT what happened. You can color it however you want, there was no any such reaction after that review that was positive anyway. He created a storm in a teacup where there wasn't even a breeze. It's like shooting a guy on the street and arguing self-defense saying that he looked threatening. (Yes that happened too, and was just as wrong as Tekton guy's legal and verbal threats,)  

@newfzx7 do you understand what happened? Because what you described is not what happened. So from then on, your assumptions are way off.

Tekton was not wronged. It was a fair and GENEROUS review.

There was no lynch mob.

Tekton guy attacked and threatened Erin with a law suit for a review and he immediately took it down.

Do you understand what it means to be threatened with legal action FOR NOTHING? Is that in your view "using the justice system to correct something that has wronged you "????

Again, show me where Tekton was wronged in any way.

Are you serious???

@newfzx7 if you watch Erin's video, he shows all the correspondence between them. So yes, I have read and watched the facebook posts, emails, discussions as they have been published without redaction and there is nothing more to the puzzle. 

There is also the Tekton guy's video that's just so disturbing in so many ways. It confirms what Erin says but puts that weird spin on what litigation means.

My original post was meant to show to the consequences to others by bashing and spreading information which may not be accurate. 

I agree with that - that it would be unfair to the vendor to spread misinformation about their product

It must be dementia that I have a hard time following this thread lately. (Or, maybe the thread)