Step-up from Node2i for native AmazonHD streaming?

Considering the Node2i, but before pulling the trigger, looking for upgrade competitors:
  • Inputs: Wifi, BT5aptxHD, TOS/Unbalanced
  • Outputs: Unbalanced, coax SPDIF
  • Must have native AmazonHD
  • Control: apps for PC/Android, remote
What else meets these minimum requirements?
128x128mwatsme

Showing 5 responses by crn3371

You may have painted yourself into a corner with all your requirements. What you’re looking for is a streaming DAC, plenty of those out there but I think what’s going to severely limit you is native Amazon HD. I’ve heard this a lot regarding Amazon HD integration. I don’t know if it’s Amazons fault, or that of the manufacturer’s, but either way it ends up with Amazon HD not playing nice with most native streaming platforms. 
I’m a little confused at your input and output requirements. You have digital inputs, but also digital outputs, am I missing something?
Like I already mentioned, I’m sure there’s something that meets your needs, but Amazon HD is going to be your Achilles Heal. Any particular reason you’re tied to Amazon? I’m sure the NAD M30 is a nice piece of kit, but using a $4k streamer to feed a $100 DAC doesn’t make a whole lot of sense either. While price certainly isn’t the final arbiter of sound quality, it does have some bearing. A system is only as good as its weakest link and I’ve always subscribed to the belief that everything in your audio chain should all be from the same general quality tier. YMMV.
Have you tried Qobuz? If you do some searching you’ll find Qobuz hi res is generally preferred over Tidal. I don’t doubt that the E30’s are a great value, Topping is a brand that punches above its weight class. I was only commenting on the logic of pairing a low cost budget DAC with something along the lines of the M30.
I have the STR integrated and can assure you that it doesn’t support streaming.