Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Some of the points raised about level of heat involved got me thinking. I'm not so sure the idea of getting deep into the grooves makes sense giving that uses fine nylon brushes and lots of fluid should get in there pretty well.

I think the heat is killing bacteria and removing mold that otherwise remains when using cool/cold fluids. But who knows...

I keep thinking about a bit I heard on the news or science class about hot water on you face and skin and how it takes very little heat to open up human pores; the point was that you don't need scalding hot water, in conjunction with soap, to get clean. but I think it helps that we have "hot" vapor involved here of course.

I'm thinking about a simple pre-cleaning with steam and was looking the mini Joy Mangano units for about $5-10
I was also looking at the McCulloch MC1226W steamer which resembles a "re-badged Mapleshade" unit.
my Perfection is broken. Walgreen doesn't carry it anymore. I don't find it on EBay. Any suggestion on where to find it or substitution? Thanks.
When I was at Walgreens a few months ago, I saw a steamer that looks to be the same thing as the Perfection. It's green instead of red and was called Living Solutions as I recall. That's probably the route I'll go when my last Perfection gives out.
This is just fine:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shark-Super-Steamer/11061818

IMO steam cleaning has been over-hyped, but is still a useful tool to have on hand.