Starting a second system, need efficient speaker suggestions.

Just picked up a Cary SLI80 HS and need some speakers.

The amp is 80 watts or 40 watts triode. Reviews say triode sounds best. Room is 12x26x7 dedicated listening room in the basement.

I have a couple subs, so if they don't have the deepest bass, I can live with that. 

Budget around 4k.

traudio

very cool resto/mod klipsch heresy’s in your price range at aural hifi (denver)….

https://audio-connexion.com/products/odeon-scala-series-floorstanding-speakers-makassar-demo

These are super easy to drive no problem with 10wpc and yes you will most likely  enjoy triod the best. With these speakers you will have the feeling that Elvis is in the building! Enjoy what ever you choose.  

@elliottbnewcombjr 

very efficient 98db

temporary while looking for a great deal?

buy, move to second system later or sell or give to a friend

Pioneer CS-705 near you

I just happened upon this thread, your speaker recommendations are ALL over the map. Have you heard this amp with these speakers you recommend or are you just tossing random speakers about?

@traudio 

OP, you are fortunate to be able to attend Axpona. There you will find plenty of opprtunities to listen to compatible speakers although the crowds will dictate whether the interactions are meaningful. Drop by Devore and Audio Note…you aldo didnt mention your budget but if you are looking at the Razz, both of these companies offer fine speakers in that range. Best wishes with the search.